Ellie was just declawed this week. She went into the vet on Tuesday morning which seemed to be quite a sock to Phoebe. For the 2 days that Ellie was gone, all we heard is the crying meow of Phoebe...she missed her sidekick. When I did not come home right after work on Tuesday, Kevin said that Phoebe was lost. She stared out the front window for quite some time and would not go near him. (She probably thought that he lost it and got rid of Ellie and myself!)
Wednesday was a little better, and by Thursday I think Phoebe believed that she was an only child again...and the mischief began.
I found these on the floor when I returned from work.
One of these is not a toy....perhaps Phoebe wants to start wearing make-up. She actually had to go up on a dresser, grab this brush and bring it all the way downstairs.
Ellie's declaw went very well. The first day home, you couldn't even tell she had surgery. Oh, I was told that she ate a lot....she meowed constantly while at the vet and the only way to get her to stop was to give her food.
Here she is licking her new, clawless paws.
(I think I just heard a big sigh of relief coming from the couches!!!)
Kitties reunited...aww....
When we had 7 cats (yes, 7) they weren't declawed and would climb the door jams and scratch them up. It was fun for hours, but not when it came to sanding and redoing the door jams. Good thing you declawed them, that wood around the house night have gotten ruined!
ReplyDeleteOne of our cats would also "fetch" the plastic riser from pizza boxes....he was the one who died, the others were given to a no kill shelter when Jes was a few months old. We just couldn't keep them all with the smaller house we were in, but they all found homes....that was 8 years ago and they were already 7, so who knows if any are still around now.